As part of my training programme, I have to self-evaluate each lesson, or part lesson, that I teach. I thought it might be useful towards the end of term to ask a couple of my classes to evaluate me too - things they like about my lessons and how I teach, and anything they think I could improve on. Let's be honest, they are the target audience so we should care about what they think! It would be great to collect a few positive comments for my evidence portfolio, and take a couple of areas for improvement into my second placement as something to work on.
This could be done in a number of ways, from a simple survey, to a lesson-specific feedback form. A fellow trainee mentioned the use of 'Head, Heart, Bag and Bin' which I quite like:
Head - Something I have learnt during this lesson.
Heart - Something important I have felt or experienced during this lesson.
Bag - Something useful I will take away with me from this lesson.
Bin - Anything that I thought wasn’t good during this lesson.
Other ideas:
- Post-it notes to be placed on the board.
- Exit cards.
- 'Tweet me' - students respond succinctly.
No comments:
Post a Comment